09222017Headline:

Victoria, Texas

HomeTexasVictoria

Email Will Sciba Will Sciba on Avvo
Will Sciba
Will Sciba
Attorney • (800) 456-9195

Defective Automobile Starts Victoria House Fire

Comments Off

A Victoria firefighter was injured last week when responding to a house fire on Walnut Ave. Authorities say the fire started when the engine of a car parked in the carport overheated.

The home is owned by Ernest and Eva Studer. Attempts to reach them Thursday were unsuccessful.

Ernestine Fletcher, the renter who was rescued by two teenage brothers from the backyard near her apartment, received help with lodging, clothing and food from the American Red Cross Crossroads Chapter, said Linda May, emergency services director.

She seemed fine, just a little shaken up after the fire,” May said. “The homeowners have not been in to speak with us as of yet.”

Defective automobiles are responsible for many house fires ever year. Cole, Cole and Easley has represented many families who have suffered injuries as a result of defective automobiles.

For more information on this subject matter, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.